Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Am The Teacher, You Are The Student - by: Jane Kifer

Have you noticed whether you are the teacher or the student, some classes are chaos and some classes are organized? Well, check this out- The teacher's desk should always face the door to have the "command" position. The students should have their back to the door. Since this understanding, I have noticed in my own classes, this phenomenon. When I am facing the door and they are between me and the door, everything is under control and calmer. When My side or back is to the door, NO ONE is listening and it feels like all hell is breaking loose with the 4-11 year olds! And that is not so much fun. So Now I intentionally make sure I am facing the door! It doesn't matter what direction or layout they are as a group as long as I , the great maestro am facing the door. Then we can all be present and offering our best selves for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment